Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: Truro

ORCH.SL.0179.tif
Cornish Evangelist and early itinerate Methodist preacher, born at Twelveheads near Truro in 1794, died 25th May 1868 aged 74

HARB.COR.0017.tif
Overview, this area is known as the Lemon Quay.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in St. Ives, cornwall

GARD.COR.001.tif
Overview.
With a hand written message in pencil to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Devenport

BUILD.COR.067.tif
The Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Truro is an Anglican cathedral located in the city of Truro, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It was built between 1880 and 1910 to a Gothic Revival design by John Loughborough Pearson on the site of the…

BUILD.COR.059.tif
Overview.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Plymouth

BUILD.COR.011.tif
General view.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Perranporth

Tags: ,

BUILD 8.048.tif
Truro Cathedral pictured in 1909 with scaffolding still encasing the western towers. The structure now completed, the towers were dedicated the next year (1910) and were named after King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

BUILD 8.047.tif
View of the west front of Truro Cathedral, the last part of the structure to be built. They were named after King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra and were dedicated in 1910.

BUILD 8.046.tif
Pictured in 1880, this is the original St Mary's Church in Truro which was partly demolished and partly incorporated within the present Truro Cathedral, now known as St Mary's Aisle. The 16th century St Mary's Church was on the site of which the…

BUILD 8.045.tif
Picture taken of Truro Cathedral about 1930 showing the dramatic impact of the impressive building towering above some of the town's older buildings and nearby river. Many of the surrounding buildings have now been replaced by modern commercial…

BRIDG 8.007.tif
The Brunel viaduct crossing Victoria Gardens, Truro, one of the longest of about 40 built in Cornwall by I.K. Brunel. This one, over 1200-feet in length and 150-feet high, was replaced by a granite structure in 1904. When the work was proceeding,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2