Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Truro Cathedral

BUILD.COR.071.tif
Overview showing the river.
With a hand written message in pencil to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Guildford, Surrey

BUILD.COR.070.tif
Overview of exterior

BUILD.COR.068.tif
Overview. Addressed to the School Secretary Mr S. J. Godchild of Marlborough College

BUILD.COR.067.tif
The Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Truro is an Anglican cathedral located in the city of Truro, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It was built between 1880 and 1910 to a Gothic Revival design by John Loughborough Pearson on the site of the…

BUILD 8.050.tif
Truro Cathedral, pictured in 1930, showing the dramatic impact of the impressive building towering above some of the town's older buildings and the nearby river. Many of the surrounding buildings have since been replaced by modern commercial…

BUILD 8.049.tif
Truro Cathedral. The Cathedra, or Bishop's Throne, situation on the south side of the choir.

BUILD 8.048.tif
Truro Cathedral pictured in 1909 with scaffolding still encasing the western towers. The structure now completed, the towers were dedicated the next year (1910) and were named after King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

BUILD 8.047.tif
View of the west front of Truro Cathedral, the last part of the structure to be built. They were named after King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra and were dedicated in 1910.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2