Browse Items (33 total)

  • Tags: engine house

ORCH.SL.0130.tif
Overview with Green Burrough engine house in the background

ORCH.SL.0111.tif
Lanyon Cromlech (known locally as Lanyon Quoit) with Greenburroughs Mine engine house in the background

MIN 9.014.tif
Parkandillick engine house with the clay works in the background.

MIN 8.079.tif
Unidentified engine house.

MIN 8.077.tif
East Pool. Built by Holmans in 1887. Ceased working in 1921. Cylinder 30in Stroke 9ft 17rpm. Hauled men and ore from 1490ft.

MIN 4.037.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine.

MIN 4.036.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine, seen across field.

MIN 4.035.tif
Engine house smoking, unidentified mine, with cars in front.

MIN 4.034.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine.

MIN 4.033.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine.

MIN 4.032.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine, with yellow van and other cars in front.

MIN 4.031.tif
Engine houses smoking, unidentified mine, seen from down road with fence along it.

MIN 4.030.tif
Wheal Prosper engine house, Rinsey, in April 1978

MIN 4.027.tif
Two ruined engine houses with chimneys smoking.

MIN 8.045.tif
A typical Cornish mine scene of the 1880s. Pictured here is Carn Galver Mine, situated between Rosemergy and Porthmeor on the Land's End-to-St Ives coastal road. Remains of these buildings can still be seen near the Count House (administrative…

MIN 8.044.tif
Beam, engine house, launders and overshot wheel at unnamed Cornish mine.

MIN 8.043.tif
A hand cart with photographer's equipment at Gurnard's Head Mine.

MIN 8.036.tif
Ruins of Levant Mind compressor and generator house.

MIN 8.032.tif
Dolcoath Mine surface complex

MIN 8.029.tif
The ruins of Wheal Coates mine above Chapel Porth on the north Cornish coast. A rare sunset shot taken in the 1970s by artist Tony Giles.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2