Wheal Bellan Mine. The building pictured is probably the "dry" where miners changed their clothes. Built in 1940 by the Ministry of Supply, it has since been demolished and is now a car park. Duplicate of MIN 8.035
Wheal Bellan Mine. Pipes fed water under building from leat higher up the Valley. High speed small water wheel called Pelton Wheel used to generate compressed air or electricity. Only base remained, as of 1996.
This sunset photograph of the ruins of Wheal Coates was taken by Tony Giles, the well-known Cornish artist. The ruins are situated within a mile of Langley Cottage, St Agnes, where Giles lived with his schoolteacher wife Hilary.