Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Harbour and Village

JDC 346.tif
This is before the South Pier was built (1885) and Gwavas Quarry was started. You can just see to the left the footpath to Paul which was well-used in those days - now gone with the quarrying. No building on the foreshore at all. Fish baskets, etc.,…

JDC 342.tif
The site of the later fish market, looking across to Newlyn town before the harbour road was built in 1908. Building on the right was the Norway Ice store before the later, much bigger Iceworks built on the same site in 1907.
Ice was originally…

HARB.COR.090.tif
Overview.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Plymouth

HARB.COR.089.tif
Sailing Luggers at anchor in the Harbour

HARB.COR.082.tif
Harbour entrance showing the Banjo Pier.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Romford, Essex

HARB.COR.077.tif
Sepia style study of the harbour and village

HARB.COR.076.tif
Village and Harbour

HARB.COR.073.tif
Village and Harbour, view from The Lugger
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2