Browse Items (2856 total)

  • Collection: Miscellaneous Photos

M.1068.tif
Market Jew Street the Terrace. Re-building Barclays Bank.

M.16.tif
Market Jew Street towards the Market House .
Oppenheims Great Furnishing Mart,
Shops on the terrace, Thomas and Perrows.
Horses and Carts standing by the Humphrey Davey statue.
Donkey and cart with milk cans.
unmettled road.

M.1075.tif
Market Jew Street looking towards Market House and Humphry Davy Statue. re-building of Barclay's Bank on terrace

M 2318.tif
Market Jew Street Penzance

M.1620.tif
Post card centre of Market Jew Street shops ,delivery cart costume , ornate wall Clock.

M.2815.tif
Market Jew Street, showing Fosters Menswear Shop, with Manfield shoe shop to the right.

M.2817.tif
Lower Market Jew Street, showing PeterDominic the Wine Merchant. To the right is Home Charm and the butcher's shop to the left was Dewhurst.

M.2825.tif
A photograph of Market Jew Street, showing Manfield shoe shop in the middle, with H. Samuel jewellers on the right and Fosters menswear on the left.

M.2077.tif
Market Jew Street, Penzance with crowds of people. In the centre there seems to be a collection for the cigarette fund for “Our brave men at the front.”

M.1693.tif
Market Jew Street from the Rail Station on the left W H Smiths opposite little boy on tricycle in foreground. pedestrian crossing with traffic lights

M.0261.tif
Early view of Market Jew Street, Penzance, from the terrace.
Prince of Wales Hotel, Warrens, Jennings Cafe, St Ives Bus prior to G P O .

M.1044.tif
Market Jew Street. fishwife

M.2824.tif
Boots the Chemist premises, Market Jew Street, Penzance

M.394.tif
Horse drawn bus for East Country

M.2120.tif
Bottom of Causewayhead can be seen. Restructuring of shop on corner of Market Place.

M.528.tif
Penzance Market Place in snow . 23.2 1955.

M.307.tif
Building on corner being altered. Lavins Drapers (1874-1920) on the opposite corner. This was demolished to make way for the new Midland Bank Building which was opened in 1922.

M.2351.tif
Mary Eddy's cottage Gulval, now demolished

M358.tif
Mary Kelynack House demolished 1956 O N 50.

Material used for 'Treasures of the Morrab 'display 2005 transparencies etc..
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2