Browse Items (18191 total)

M.2092.tif
Newlyn harbour at high tide. A stone boat just leaving. South pier to the right with the lighthouse, and the raised loading gantry in view. To the left is the North pier where the fishing vessels moor up. The tower of St Marys church far left.

ORCH.SL.0193.jpg
As previous
Photograph of a lithograph, drawn in 1829 by JS Prout, published 1831.

Grid reference, SW 4720 3028

ORCH.SL.0192.jpg
From an old print. The site is now a Bank near the Green market.

photo of a lithograph, drawn in 1829 by JS Prout, published 1831.

Grid reference, SW 4720 3028

ORCH.SL.0191.jpg
Site of the Postal Telegraph Office

ORCH.SL.0190.jpg
Built circa 1730 and situated in Belle View, Newlyn. Named after a former resident in the 1960s, artist Frank Dewar an ex Naval Officer, who specialised in paintings of sailing ships. The cottage notably has a ship's figurehead in the front garden.

Tags:

ORCH.SL.0189.jpg
The route of Buccas Pass. Champion's Slip was named after Mr Champion, the headmaster the Weslyan School

ORCH.SL.0188.jpg
Situated in Fore Street , Newlyn and overlooks Newlyn's Old Medieval harbour

ORCH.SL.0185.tif
Photograph circa 1890.

ORCH.SL.0184.tif
Front elevation, now known as Carnyorth Environmental Education Centre

ORCH.SL.0183.tif
Front elevation

ORCH.SL.0182.tif
Bench end, dated 1625

HARB.COR.0043.tif
View looking West

HARB.COR.0041.tif
View showing steam and sail vessels

HARB.COR.0040.tif
Overview.
With a hand written message in ink to the reverse of the postcard to a recipient in Cuckfield, Sussex

ORCH.SL.0181.tif
Charles Hore pictured stood next to the bench end carved by himself for the Church. Charles Hore was a Cornish Bard
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2