Browse Items (3774 total)

  • Collection: Richards Collection

LIGHT 18OF 135 tif.tif
Smeatons Tower is now on Plymouth Hoe. Present Lighthouse was fourth to be build on the rock

ARCHY-3WG-001.tiff
Man with torch is the father of the photographer

STRT 21HF 108.tif
Architect was (?) John Foulston 1772-1842

PEOP 21HG 048.tif
Eight adults, different generations, posed for family portrait

PEOP 21HG 477.tif
Photograph of an unknown elderly man

LIGHT 18OF 129.tif
A group of three white flashes every 15 seconds intensity of 350,000 candle power Red light of 7,000 candle power shown over the Runnelstone Rock

SHIP 25HG 019.tif
The owner Henry Peake had plans to sail to Australia but never made the whole journey. After this photo was taken it sailed to Southampton for fitting of main engine and sails. The crew was to be Captain George Everett Hitchens, Philip Nicholls Jnr,…

PEOP 21HF 182.tif
Mr & Mrs Ellery and their seven children

STRT 28HF 119.tif
Corner of Chapel. Street and Princess Street

Tags:

LIGHT 18OF 130.tif
The lighthouse is automatic and unmanned both light and fog signal are monitored from Trinity House depot in Penzance

LIGHT 18OF 131.tif
Lighthouse is completely automatic and unmanned and both fog signal and light are monitored from Trinity House depot in Penzance

LIGHT 18HF 048.tif
Building started June 1964 officially opened by Duke of Gloucester 7 July 1965
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2