This collection consists of 67 lantern slides. It was formerly the collection used by Gareth Griffiths, Camborne School of Mines. The collection includes many archaeological sites, and views from around West Penwith. Some coloured lantern slides.
Collection of 5 photographs of the Guildhall , ( St. John's Hall) before and after modernization in 1962 . Opened by Lt. Col .Edward Bolitho. with programme.
Penzance floating dock pictures in March 1891, after the collapse of the newly-installed gates during the great blizzard of that year. The harbour was built in 1884. St Mary's Church can be seen in the background.
A photo collage made up from clips from comics, including such well-remembered weeklies as TIGER TIM'S, RAINBOW, CHICK'S OWN, FUNNY WONDER, LOT-O-FUN, COMIC CUTS and many others.
An interesting detailed account of a trip to the Moors above Penzance by Brake and then on foot to visit various Archaeological sites.
An advertisement for an" Entertainment" and series of Lectures at Morrab House ,1884 by kind permission of C C…