Built looking south at the head of the harbour, incorporated offices for the fish company agents and also the Harbour Master and Commissioners, etc.
The Coombe River outlet was diverted behind the North Pier to accommodate this building.
For almost 20 years, services were held in a building called The Reading Room in Newlyn Town (on St Peter's Hill). Building of the church took place during the incumbency of the third vicar, John Pope Vibert, a Penzance man.
In the early English…
This appears to be before completion of the Penlee Gardens, left (later renamed Richard Bolitho Gardens), February 1914.
Look like the surrounding site is being cleared. Large house believed to be Hosking - Alexandra Dairy.
Area behind the horses…
All members of Newlyn Centenary Primitive Methodist Church at Gwavas Road, Newlyn, TR18 5LX. Taken soon after building of the church in 1927 at a cost of £5,047.
Estimate picture taken in 1929. Built on the site of previous old thatched…
View across to the cliff at Newlyn Town. Small boats around at about half tide; most have motors fitted by now. Fishermen's House Pub at top, centre. Building to the far right incorporated fish tanks; now all area cleared to a grassy bank.
The steelwork 'gantry' is being installed to transport the Penlee Quary stone from the 'Bins' to the ships side (conveyor system). This replace the narrow gauge railway in use from about 1902. In far left corner is the slipway for repairing fishing…
Henry Kitched appears on many postcards, etc. Appears in the Newlyn School Forbes' painting 'The Lighthouse'.
Played the fiddle and led a small musical group at Boase Street Primitive Methodist Chapel about 1905.