With part of Newlyn's vast trawler fleet in the background, one of Messrs Barriball's machines starts work on Newlyn harbour expansion programme at Mary Williams pier (which officially opened in 1980).
Inscribed Cross.
Early medieval memorial stone, described as an Ogham Stone. (Ogham Stones are standing stones inscribed with the Ogham alphabet, an early form of writing used in Ireland and parts of the UK. Primarily 5th and 6th century.)
Early…
Inscribed Cross.
Ogham Stone, dating from 5th to 8th century, cross added 9th to 11th century.
Grid reference, SW8506 4386
For further information see Historic Environment Record,…
An inscribed Menhir found in Madron Church in south-west wall and discovered January 1936
Grid reference, SW 4534 3181
For further information see Historic Environment Record, …
On the inside back cover of the album there is a very faded photograph of trees. Written in the bottom right-hand corner is Completed 16 12 02 and the initials W.P.
Fishing boats next to the Old (Medieval) Pier. The boats often beached here for maintenance when the tide went out. This beach is under Newlyn Cliff, under the Fisherman's Arms pub.