Road designed by John Matthews opened 24 July 1865 by Princess Alexandra of Wales. Granite Lamp Post records the event. Removed to entrance of Mennaye Sports Field after Second World War
Cottages left side of Street just above junction of Abbey Street were purchased by Roland Morris and turned into the famous Admiral Benbow pub between 1958/59
Grid reference, SW 4753 3002
For further information about the church, see Historic…
The original Folly House is on the left.
See Penzance picture website for further information about the history https://www.picturepenzance.com/media/the-folly-house-1930.20617/
Camberwell Street had its own Carnival and Carnival Queen. After the houses were demolished the area was used by Penzance Town Council as a yard. New houses were built on the site in 2021.
Declaration of the enlargement of the Bounds of the Borough to include Newlyn Mousehole Heamoor & Churchtowns Paul & Gulval. Ref: P A S Pool Brief History of Penzance
Road opened by Princess Alexandra of Wales 24 July 1865 designed by John Matthews Borough Surveyor, The Granite Lamp Post with drinking troughs on either side records this fact. Was removed to Mennae Sports field after World War II